I had an appointment to get my hair done today. My awesome hairdresser sweetly agrees to trim Brady's hair while my color sets nearly every visit.
Every time she has trimmed it, Brady has cried his little eyes out!
I am talking HUGE alligator tears!!!
See Exhibit A:
I have tried to praise, praise, praise him tonight.
Its true, he did!
See Exhibit A:
From his first haircut, he wouldn't even sit in the chair.
But today my big boy told me on the way, "I a big boy and I not cry like a baby! then I get a sucka!"
He did just that. He sat in the chair, named the colors of the cars on his cape and counted them, laughed when a hair fell in his face, asked questions, and answered questions.
He also saw someone getting their hair washed when we walked in and said rather loudly, "Mommy, she is giving her a bath back there." Ha Ha!
I am so so so proud of him and a little embarrassed after the bath comment!!
He even stayed right with me while I finished with my appointment. He did not act like a crazy two year old, but rather a very mature little boy.
You have know idea how it makes me feel that he was that good!
I think all parents need moments like this, so they can have hope that, just maybe, we are doing a good job.
I have tried to praise, praise, praise him tonight.
I am often afraid, I am too hard on him and the only time I am speaking to him is to correct him. I know that is not true, but it often feels that way.
I made it my goal to let him know how proud I am tonight!
I think he got it because in the car on the way home, he told me, "I not cry for my haircut, so I got a sucka AND a rye kispy teat!"(Sucker and rice Krispy Treat)



1 comment:
That's sweet Amber! Tuff usually whines and has to sit in my lap. Oh and he WON'T wear that cape because he likes his arms to be out... Sooo... we always leave with hair all over him and me. Anyways, a few weeks ago, Jordan was off so he took him for me while I was working and Jordan said he didn't make a peep. Go figure! Sometimes I think they go the little "extra" for their mommies attention.
Post a Comment