Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Quick Memorial Day Weekend Recap

We had a great long weekend.
It was a good balance of being at home and getting out.

Caleb had to work Saturday and Sunday, so Brady and I sat out by his kiddie pool all morning Saturday.


We made berry smoothies, or milkshakes as Brady called them, and did a little lounging.

I sent Caleb this picture and he said Brady looks like his mother's child. Ha Ha! I love the sun, a pool, and a cold, fruity drink. What can I say?

Caleb picked up some ribs and sides for dinner and Caleb's parents came over to eat with us. Brady ended up back in the pool. Ha Ha!

Sunday was a typical day with church and my parents house. We took a little walk to the creek. Noah and Brady both enjoyed some water fun and throwing rocks. We didn't take any pictures. :(

Monday, we went canoeing with a group from church. (I only took 2 pics because I didn't want to risk drowning my camera in the river.)


We had a lot of fun! Brady absolutely loved it. He called his life jacket, his "water jacket". And would correct anyone who said life jacket.
He kept saying in the canoe, "I need to swim!"
He cried and cried when it was time to go. He cried until I bribed him with sweet tea at the restaurant we at for lunch.  Sometimes bribery is the only thing that works.
He was so worn out after his canoeing adventure, he took a 3 1/2 hour nap today! Ha Ha!

We have great friends and family. Every one was so sweet to Brady on the canoe trip(and other times as well). It was just overwhelmingly evident on this particular trip. There is nothing like seeing people LOVE your child, just because they want to. It warms my heart for friends of ours, family, and acquaintances to be so kind and loving to Brady.  I can't even fully express how much it touches my heart.Thank you! You have know idea how much it means to the mommy!!! 

No comments: