Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day weekend

Our weekend was pretty ordinary.

Caleb had to work Saturday and Sunday, so Brady and I were on our own until the afternoon.

Saturday we ran some errands, played, and cleaned house most of the morning.

We had some friends over for dinner, so we also had to get ready for that.

Brady helped make the cupcakes! He informed me often that he is a good helper, just in case I forgot!

He takes care of really important things like adding sprinkles and taste-testing!!!

 
We had invited our friends over earlier in the week, but didn't think they would be able to make it. They ended up having a change of plans and called to re-invite themselves Friday night!  We are so glad they did!!

The boys played and played!!! They were both so tired at the end of the night!


I discovered that Brady might be a tad bit bossy!

Ethan was standing in his chair at the table during dinner. Brady looked at him, threw out his pointing finger, and said, "Efan, Sit down,  now on your bottom!" After reminding Brady a few times that Ethan's mommy and daddy will tell him to sit down and we don't boss our friends, he stopped.

Well, until Ethan did something else Brady isn't allowed to do...

At least Brady is clear on our house rules, I  guess!

Since Caleb worked Sunday he was off Wednesday and Thursday of last week. Brady and Caleb bought my mother's day gift then and went ahead and gave it to me.

This year I decided to ask for something specific, instead of getting something I don't really need.

I asked for a medium size suitcase and carry-on bag that were unique. I hate hate not being able to tell which bag is mine at the airport!!!

This isn't exactly what I had in mind, but it fit what I asked for and I like it.

Brady also gave me a flower that we planted and colored the pot at the babysitters. It is super sweet!
I am so thankful to be a mommy to such a sweet boy! I love him more and more each day!

 I also and am so thankful to have a great mom and am so so so thankful for her every day!

My mom was out of town this weekend for my SIL's graduation from law school, so my mother's day was pretty simple and didn't involve much.
It was actually kind of nice, since we usually stay so busy! 

I hope everyone had a very happy Mother's day. I know it can be bittersweet for some, so I said a special prayer for those who desire to be a mother, have lost a mother, or have lost a child.

No comments: