Monday, May 23, 2011

Busy DIY Saturday

We spent Saturday doing a lot of work/projects around our house.

Caleb and I both had(and still have) a pretty big list of things we needed to get done around our house.


It was really warm out so we got Brady's wading pool out for him to play in while we worked close by.

HE LOVED IT!!!

 


I promise he had on swim trunks and a swim shirt. At this point he had come inside and I had stripped him of the wet clothing. Then he decided to get back into the pool with his play clothes on and quickly stripped himself of them.


 Please, ignore my knee in the above picture. 

He wouldn't get his head or face in the water. It was quite funny!

Brady also enjoyed a looong nap, which helped us out greatly!


Caleb was able to accomplish washing a little less than half the siding on our house, cleaning out all the gutters, mowing the yard, pulled some massive weeds I couldn't get up, and helped me with a couple of my tasks.

(This is a picture of the weed I had Caleb get up. Look closely, It is HUGE!)
I made 2 strawberry pies, a pasta salad, cleaned some of the house, planted some flowers and a knock-out rose bush, sanded and painted a rocking chair for the front porch, and gave the dog a bath.

Before:

After:


It was nice to get to work on some of our projects and get some things accomplished, but we were so worn out at the end of the day!


I decided I need longer weekends! ;)







No comments: