Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pink eye, an unexpected long weekend, and a new table!

Little Brady woke up this morning unable to open either eye. They were matted closed and swollen. We skipped church last night, because he was acting like he didn't feel well and his right eye was getting progressively worse. We dismissed it as allergies until this morning. I decided to stay home from work/daycare and called the Dr. It is a good thing because the Dr we saw took one look and said looks like a bad case of double pink eye. He is contagous up until 24 hours after starting the drops. So, I am staying home with him tomorrow as well. Although I am not thrilled with the circumstances, I am a little excited (o.k. maybe a lot excited) about an unexpected long weekend. I am looking at the bright side here. 
 But, I HATE to see him so pitiful! I am not sure how he can even see right now! It looks really, really, REALLY bad! I feel so sorry for him! It looks worse in real life than in the pictures. You can't really see the oozing gunk and the redness isn't as bad. You are lucky! The oozing is so gross! I hope the drops help soon!

On a more positive note, our new kitchen table arrived today. I am so excited! I love it! It is quite a bit bigger than our old table so it is going to take some getting used to. We were hesitant to invite people over for supper because we couldn't all fit at the table. The old table was so small, mine and Calebs plates would touch!!! I had it when I lived in an apartment before we were married and it worked great for a while, but now we were ready for a table fit for grown-ups. We gave the old table to a friend who is moving into a new place and just needed a table. She was very excited, since she was going to be using a card table if she didn't find something. Ha! I love it when things work out like that!

Old Table:


New Table:


There are six chairs and room for a couple more. We plan to eat a lot of dinners here in the future.


No comments: