Here it goes:
He was born into a small community just outside of Murfreesboro, TN in January 1983.
Just approximately 15 miles away and close to 1 1/2 years later I was born.
He went to grade school and church in the westside community.
While I did the same in the woodbury community. All along remaining just 15 miles apart.
We attended the same school functions, summer camps, and church functions, but never met.
We new all the same people, but not each other.
I had "heard of" him, and he had "heard of" me.
But never met.
During the summer of 2002, my home church congregation held an area wide singing in which Caleb attended.
I did not!
However, my youth minister and good family friend did. He approached me with big news the following Sunday. He mentioned something about meeting my future husband and mumbled a name I had heard before but wasn't very familiar with, Caleb Barrett.
I laughed and went on with my life.
I started Lipscomb and dated a few other guys here and there in the year that followed.
July 2003, I attended Bible Camp as I had every summer I can remember, whether counselor or camper.
So did Caleb.
He had not attended camp since he was 9.
The flirting and pressure began.
It came naturally!
When camp was over, we attended our first date.
Several dates followed.
I knew after our 3rd date, I wanted to marry him.
He did too!
But he was a chicken.
We took a "break".
It didn't last long.
He saw the light and we were reunited officially in spring of 2004.
It turned out to be a very beneficial break.
We had become best friends.
We were married July 1, 2006!
Amazing things happen when you trust in God!
God knew all along!












3 comments:
I love this post. Great Job and love all the pictures too. :)
very cute story!!
I love your story. I'm so happy that u went to college, met your soul mate got married then started your family. Your Daddy would have been so happy and proud for u. I have a copy of the poem I wrote for your dad. I cross-stitched 2 of them. One for your mom and one for mom and dad. When they died I requested it so I could see that either you or Amy would get it when u got older. I thought your mom would pass on the one I did for her to one of you and I wanted to make sure u each had a copy. If u go to my profile u will see pix of your dad when he was a kid. How many children do u have? I'm so sorry I didn't keep in touch with you and Amy but you've both been in my prayers and heart. I can see your daddy in u. I have been disabled since 1999. so I've been pretty much homebound. God has blessed me so much and I am so happy u got in touch with me. Can't wait to hear back from u. God bless and my love, Aunt Becci
Post a Comment