Monday, September 16, 2013

Hilton Head, SC- Tuesday

Tuesday Caleb and Brady planned a crabbing excursion. Cameron, Lauren, Drew, and Gary all decided to join in.

 

 






 
This was Caleb and Brady's favorite part of the trip. Brady has told anyone
who will listen about going crabbing. It is so sweet. This is something I am sure he will remember forever.  I am so happy they went!
 
Presley and I stayed around the house with everyone not on the excursion. Presley and I had some great beach time before her nap. There was NO ONE on the beach. It was so nice and peaceful.
 
 
 
After the morning activities, my mom, Presley, and I met up with the crabbing crew at a little restaurant called the Sea Shack. It was so yummy. It is just a hole in the wall fried seafood joint. I wish we would have gone another day for lunch also. There were several things I wanted to try.
 
 
We came back to the house to swim and play on the beach for a while.




 
Our little family got ready and decided to let Brady do a little shopping with his spending money. He has saved his money for a while for vacation. He bought a "darth gator" shirt and a Christmas ornament.

Both Presley and Brady were exhausted. It was still a while before dinner. We decided to grab some ice cream as a snack, hop in the car, and explore the island a bit. Brady fell asleep in the car, which was awesome, while we just drove around the island. This turned out to be a great experience for us. Caleb and I really enjoyed a chance to talk while the kids rested and we enjoyed looking at houses and checking things out. We hadn't really made an opportunity for just exploring.

We met up with everyone at Redfish for dinner. This was deemed the belated birthday dinner for the August birthdays, me and Drew. The food was so good. It was "fancy" food, but it was delicious! I had red snapper with brown sugar grits. It was awesome. I tried nearly everyone's and it was all so so so good.

 
Presley ate so much. Girl can put it away. It is something you must see to believe. Caleb always says, "if there was a baby eating contest, I would enter her". She would win for sure.
 


 
 
 
 

No comments: