Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hilton Head- Friday and Saturday

Friday was our last full day! We knew we wanted to soak up the beach as much as possible.
We spent all day enjoying the beach and pool.

If you look closely in this picture, you can see the dolphin swimming in the back.

 
 




 


 
No one in the Barrett group got burned the entire trip. Brady was so dark by Friday, though. It is crazy how well he tans even with 50+ sunscreen on the entire time. :)

 


 

 

 
That night we all went to eat at The Black Marlin Seaside Grill.  We ate outside. The weather was perfect. The food was good. The view was great. It made for the perfect last vacation dinner.




 
 
 
We got back to the house and I spent a lot of time getting things ready to leave in the morning. Once I got finished, Caleb and I talked with Cameron and Lauren for a while before heading to bed.
 
Saturday morning we got up and loaded the van. As soon as Brady saw us loading the van, he got in and buckled up. Ha Ha! We couldn't get him out. We really didn't want to start the trip off with a fit, so we just went ahead and left.  We didn't really have a plan for that morning, but I thought we might walk down to the beach one more time to say bye or something. Brady was apparently ready to get home. Ha!
 
 
We made a stop in Atlanta to eat at The Varsity around lunch time and break up  our trip a bit.
 
We got home around 4pm. I worked on getting everyone unpacked and things back in order, while Caleb took the kids to visit his parents and eat dinner.
 
The overall trip was great. Life with two kids is a little crazy and there were plenty of crazy moments, but it is a beautiful kind of crazy. Caleb and I work together and that is very helpful. I am so thankful for the husband and daddy he is. He is great about just jumping in and lending a hand.

 Caleb works a lot of long hours and very hard for our family, so we are all pretty excited when we get to spend uninterrupted time with him. Brady said nearly every morning, Daddy doesn't have to work today!!!  We all made some great memories we can cherish forever.
 
P.S. we loved having the van for this vacation. It is so convenient for families. It is not the coolest vehicle in the land, but it does make our lives a little bit easier.
 
 
 


No comments: