Wednesday, September 18, 2013

First Day of Pre-K

We decided to put Brady in a pre-k program this year. It is 2 days a week from September until May. We decided to do a 2 day a week program, because I am not worried about how he will adjust socially to kindergarten. He doesn't meet a stranger. I figure he has the next 13 plus years to go to school five days a week. I would like to let him be little while he is still little. :) We did want him to get in a habit of getting up and going somewhere and being in a classroom setting.  That is how we made our decision and I think it is the right one for our family. :)

We missed the first week, because of vacation. So as soon as we got back from vacation he jumped into his first day.
 
Brady has been so excited! The day before he climbed up next to me and said, "I am a little scared of starting school." We talked about it. I drove him by the school, which is in a church building. We got his supplies ready.
 
I bought his lunch box one day with out him. He picked up and brought it to me and said, " Thank you so much for getting me this lunch box."
 
Then we went together to get his backpack. He picked ninja turtles. He immediately hugged it and said, "I am gonna love his backpack."

 
The morning of he was so excited. He didn't act nervous at all. He even posed for a first day photo!!!
 
We all loaded up to take him since it was his first day.
 
We walked in and met his teacher and some classmates.  I happened to already know his teacher and was excited to see many familiar faces. :)
 
Brady was ready for us to leave. He began talking to everyone like he has known them forever.
 
I picked him up and we immediately began discussing his day.  He was so happy and excited. He told me several things they did. He said, "I was scared of school, but it wasn't scary at all. I changed my mind about being scared."

He can not wait to go back. I am so impressed with this program so far. I am looking forward to a great school year.

The director had such kind things to say about him. She said he was so well behaved and smart. She said he jumped right in like he has been coming for years. I think she was impressed with his ability to talk to anyone and his outgoing personality. These are both great qualities of his, most of the time. ;)

His teacher said he had a great first day and that he is so funny.

Positive feed back is always so nice to hear.

Brady loves people and is not shy at all. I don't worry about him much, because he adapts so well and usually ends up with tons of new friends. I think this program will be great for him.
 
He is such a brave, independent boy. I am so proud of him. I am excited to see what all this year holds.
 
 


No comments: