Saturday, June 15, 2013

VBS 2013- Day 4 and 5

Thursday was Day 4 of VBS overload.


 
 
My class was ready to go. They are really getting the hang of the VBS thing.
 
I know it is only a week and only a couple hours, but I have really enjoyed these little guys. It is bittersweet, because  I will miss seeing them, but VBS is exhausting!
 
Brady and Grady are best buds. They are so silly. When I told them to say cheese, they said underpants. Boys.
 
After lunch, nap time, and a few errands, we headed back of our last night of VBS round 2.
 
They have refreshments for every one the last night. Caleb had to work late, but he joined us at the end.

Friday was day 5 of VBS. It was a crazy day. The kids were worn out. After VBS was over, I cleaned up my rooms while my MIL rocked Presley and Brady watched veggie tales with about 20 kids in the children's library. You know they were worn out, because they were all crowded in there quietly watching. Ha!

After VBS is over some ladies have a meal for all the teachers and helpers. It is always so nice and yummy. Presley enjoyed some BBQ.
 
A few things to note about VBS 2013...
  • 2 VBS's in one week is killer. We all hit our limit about Wednesday.
  • I have the best MIL. She is so helpful. We would have had a very different week if she hadn't tagged along with us in the mornings. So thankful for her.
  • Presley is a trooper. She is a stinker and a little bit of a diva, but girl hung in there like a champ.
  • I have learned so much about teaching kindergarten VBS. I have declared myself the Kindergarten VBS teacher as long as I am available. I think it is beneficial to stick with one group and learn rather than jumping around.
  • Brady is a good boy. He got such great reports from all his teachers. I am so proud of my sweet boy. Sometimes it feels like we are total failures as parents, but when he gets such good reports I feel like maybe we are doing an okay job. I credit most of it to a lot of prayer.
  • We are surrounded by great disciples of Jesus. I am blown away by the willingness to jump in, love, and teach our children and the communities children. I kept thinking to myself how this may the only time some of these children see Jesus. I hope they felt and experienced how loved and special each one is. The sweet smiles on their faces and joy in their voices make me think they did. :)

 
So long VBS 2013! It was fun!

No comments: