Life has been a little bit of a whirlwind around here the past few weeks. A good whirlwind, but a little crazy to say the least. We are busy enjoying a great summer. The kids are at such fun stages right now. Hopefully, there is more to come on our crazy happenings.
But first we have had a BIG birthday in our house!
But first we have had a BIG birthday in our house!
Presley is 12 months old!!!
As of last Tuesday, we no longer have a baby in the house. We have a toddler.
It is one of those crazy things were the last year has gone super fast, but it is so hard to remember life without Presley.
Not only have we welcomed a new member to our family, but Brady has gone from the only child and having all the attention to a big brother. He has welcomed his new role wonderfully. I am so proud of him and how well he has handled this past year. He is a special little boy and I am so thankful to be his mommy. I am also so thankful Presley has him as a brother. They have a sweet little relationship. He is so loving and nurturing, most of the time anyway.
This will be the last monthly post and we used our last monthly sticker. It is a bittersweet. I am so happy she is growing, thriving, and here to celebrate her first birthday, but it is a little sad we are leaving behind baby, baby land and moving more toward toddler land.
At 12 months Presley is...
- eating table foods, ALL. THE. TIME. She has the biggest appetite and eats constantly.
- not drinking whole milk. I have offered her whole milk for about 4 weeks and she will not drink it. I have bought different brands, added chocolate syrup, switched up the cup, and tried Organic milk. She isn't having it. I even tried a little almond milk, but Caleb ended up drinking it because she spit it out. She drinks water! She will drink juice, if I give it to her. She eats cheese and yogurt, so I am not too concerned. We will keep offering it and see what happens.
- not walking. She is still pulling up and cruising. She can stand alone. She is just so scared to take that first step. She has taken some pretty good falls, so I get it. She will take off when she is ready. I would be more concerned if she wasn't pulling up and cruising, but she is. For now we are enjoying not having to chase her everywhere.
- in size 3 diapers.
- in size 12 or 12-18(although they are a little big) months clothing. We have a few 9 month things still hanging around.
- a mommy's girl through and through.
- singing, dancing, shaking her head yes and no, mimicking motions and sounds, patty cake, blowing kisses, and much more.
- has just started throwing a few tantrums. Not too bad yet, but I am not looking forward to that part of being one.
- has four teeth and two poking through the gums in the back.
- saying Mama, dada, bubba, no, baby, and a few other things occasionally.
- loving her brother. He is pretty crazy about her too, unless she is stealing his toy or breaking something of his.
She is a crazy, silly, strong willed, fun, sweet, girlie girl.
We look forward to many more years of life and birthdays with this sweet one.
I love this little girl so very much. She is for sure a Momma's girl. She is such a mess and silly and crazy and fun. She has bonded our family in ways I didn't know possible.
We look forward to many more years of life and birthdays with this sweet one.
I love this little girl so very much. She is for sure a Momma's girl. She is such a mess and silly and crazy and fun. She has bonded our family in ways I didn't know possible.
Happy Happy first year baby girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment