Once we got to Michigan, I got us settled into our hotel room.
Brady and Presley were so excited. They loved the hotel room.
We had dinner with the group and then settled in for the night.
Saturday was the first full day in Michigan. The plan for that day was to go out and invite people to VBS.
Due to car seat issues, the amount of walking, and the length of time out, Presley and I did not participate in this. We stayed back with our friends, Ana and Nora.
We napped, played, had lunch, and helped transport the groceries and food ladies to and from the church.
However, I allowed Brady to participate. He joined in with one of the sweet families with our group. They kept me up to date with texts through out the day.
Brady did awesome. I am told he never whined or complained. He was happy and excited. He even chose to continue on instead of coming back to swim at the hotel.
The group knocked on 2111 doors inviting families to VBS in just one day!
After getting cleaned up and resting a little, we all headed to the church for dinner.
Brady played with the big kids a lot. Funny story about this picture. They were playing a game and it looked to me like Brady wasn't big enough to play. I went over and told Brady he needed to let the big kids play and quit interrupting their game. All the kids looked at me with a funny face and said, "uhm he can't leave right now because it is his turn." Ha ha! I was like oh I am sorry for interrupting your game.
Brady and Presley were worn out by the end of the night. Presley fell asleep on me during the nightly devotional and didn't wake up until 7 am the next morning. She NEVER falls asleep when someone is holding her and stuff is going on. I couldn't believe it.
I wasn't quite ready for bed after I got them to sleep. However, there is not really a separate place in a hotel room other than the bathroom and I couldn't really leave them in the room alone. I spent a lot of nights snacking, talking with Caleb on the phone, studying/reading, showering, and whatever I needed to get done in the bathroom area after they were asleep. Parents do some crazy things. Amazingly, I never woke them the entire week.
No comments:
Post a Comment