We had Presley's birthday party Saturday night.
I had planned an outdoor water and ice cream party. Unfortunately it rained and rained and rained 3 days before the party and I had to move it indoors.
It wasn't raining during the party, so we were allowed to eat outside and do a few water activities. I was a little disappointed but the party had to go on.
I bought Presley this bathing suit and had it monogrammed for the party. I love love LOVE it! We are going on a big family vacay in September and this will definitely get more use there.
Presley's smash cake above and the birthday cake below.
Several people were able to eat on the deck because it wasn't raining at the time. I am so thankful. Our little house doesn't hold a lot of people well. The kids found the water table and took full advantage of it. Many of them were soaked.
Caleb and I went ahead and filled up the water balloons because we didn't think it would be raining. The kids all loved the water balloons. I was so happy we were able to do them at least.
Presley is an eater! She eyed that cake and jumped right in. She had icing everywhere. I had to take it away from her or she might still be eating on that cake. Ha!
Presley's smash cake above and the birthday cake below.
I took a few pictures before the party started with my phone and then didn't take a single picture during the party. You get the idea at least.
We served make your own taco salad, cake, and homemade ice cream with a topping bar. We have a frozen yogurt place here called Sweet Cece's. So I did a little spin on that naming our topping bar Sweet Presley's.
I also used some poofs made of tulle I made for a baby shower and added cardstock to make them look like ice cream cones. I was so happy with the way it came together. The picture doesn't really do it justice.
I found the chevron burlap ribbon at Hobby Lobby for 50 % off and it really added a sweet touch to the décor.
I put jelly beans in little mason jars to give out as party favors to the kids.
My sister made this fabric banner for a baby shower a while back and we reused it as décor in the living room. I moved all the furniture against the wall to have a more open area for the party since it was so wet outside. Several people were able to eat on the deck because it wasn't raining at the time. I am so thankful. Our little house doesn't hold a lot of people well. The kids found the water table and took full advantage of it. Many of them were soaked.
Caleb and I went ahead and filled up the water balloons because we didn't think it would be raining. The kids all loved the water balloons. I was so happy we were able to do them at least.
Presley is an eater! She eyed that cake and jumped right in. She had icing everywhere. I had to take it away from her or she might still be eating on that cake. Ha!
It turned out to be a fun, sweet party with friends and family. It wasn't exactly what I planned, but it was great nonetheless.
A special thank you to everyone who helped celebrate and love our girl as we start a new year with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment