**This is our life. It isn't always pretty, but it is ours. If vomit bothers you, I suggest you skip this post. **
We had plans to go to a New Year's Eve party last night. The party was at a Caleb's best friend from college. It was kid friendly. We loaded up our car with our family, some games, and the food I was asked to bring. We started our 45 min- 1 hour drive to his house.
We pulled into his driveway about 7:30 and I heard gagging noises coming from the back seat. Presley was puking all over herself. With infants it can be difficult to know if they are sick, spitting up, car sick, etc. She was acting fine and was not showing any other signs of being sick.
We got her cleaned up and carried on with the party. We all ate dinner, Brady played, and Caleb and I talked to the other guests.
Sometime around 9, Brady was acting a little weird and saying his tummy hurt. This is not uncommon, he usually acts weird and he always says his tummy hurts when he needs to potty. The next thing I know he has thrown up and is huddled over clenching his stomach in pain.
I found Caleb. We got everything and everyone cleaned up and began leaving. Almost immediately after I put Presley in the car seat, she began projectile vomiting all over herself again.
![]() |
| This is the one picture of the party. It is super dark, but she was playing and smiling like normal. |
I found Caleb. We got everything and everyone cleaned up and began leaving. Almost immediately after I put Presley in the car seat, she began projectile vomiting all over herself again.
She was a little easier to clean up this time, because she had a bib on and it caught most of it and her blanket caught a lot of the rest.
Chris prepared us a little vomit care package including paper towels, plastic bags, and some water. By 9:30, we were making the drive back home with two sick kiddos.
I felt terrible that we possibly contaminated all those people, but seriously everyone was perfectly fine when we left the house.
Brady went straight to bed as soon as we got home.
![]() |
| I promise she isn't nursing in this picture. She just snuggles in like that when I hold her. Ha Ha! |
Caleb and I ended up bringing in 2013 with Sparkling grape juice on the couch in our comfy clothes snuggling a sick baby.
I decided to sleep with Presley on the couch, because I was worried about her. Fortunately, no one vomited again. Both kids slept well and seemed back to normal by morning!
This just serves as a reminder to not get too attached to my plans for 2013, because they are subject to change at any moment!
![]() |
| Caleb apparently was too lazy to get up and get in the picture. It makes for an awkward pic. Oh well. |




No comments:
Post a Comment