Wednesday, January 2, 2013

6 Months

We have a 6 month old in our house!
 
 
 Holy cow, when did that happen?

 

While the past 6 months have flown by, we have enjoyed Presley so much the past 6 months. Caleb, Brady, and I instantly had and continue to have so much love for her. Having 2 kids is sooo different and at times exhausting, but it is sooo good, too! I am so thankful Brady and Presley have each other. We love seeing them interact with each other.
 
At 6 months Presley is...
  • wearing mostly 6 months clothes, a few 6-9 months, and we still have a few 3-6 mos she can wear.
  • wearing size 3 diapers. I just moved her up when we used all the size 2. She should be in them for a while.
  • a solid sitter. She sits up straight, independently for a significant amount of time. She usually only falls over when reaching for something.
  • loving bath time.
  • constantly blowing raspberries or spitting, she thinks this is hilarious.
  • can grasp objects and pass them from hand to hand.
  • sleeping from 8-9pm until 5-6am. She falls asleep on her own in her crib and sleeps through most nights. Occasionally she wakes in the night, but easily falls back to sleep.
  • nursing every 3-4 hours with one bottle before bed.
  • started rice cereal. She tolerates it fine, but it has a tendency to be constipating. We stopped giving it to her during the holidays. She has also tried oatmeal and is doing fine with it occasionally.
  • big belly laughing often. It is so fun.
  • loves her Daddy! She and Caleb have done some major bonding over the past few weeks.
  • is still a mommy's girl, but it is getting better. She is beginning to recognize more people, so that is helping. I think she is just going to be a personalty that takes a while to warm up to people. I am like that, I totally understand.
  • loving playing with her new toys.
  • completely obsessed with her big brother. She is either looking at him or for him.
  • loving Mickey Mouse. She occasionally watches a little t.v., because Brady watches some, especially in the morning and it is just hard to avoid it. She gets so excited when Mickey comes on. It is really sweet.
I am hoping to start some vegetables this week. She is so ready for them. I hope she tolerates them fine. Her tummy is just a little more sensitive than Brady's was.

I expect her to attempt crawling or scooting soon, but I am really enjoying her being able to sit up, but not move yet! This is one of my favorite stages, when they can interact and play, but they stay put!



Presley did remarkably well throughout all the holiday craziness. I will admit, I was a little nervous. She can be a little difficult when she isn't happy. However, she did amazing!


She is such a joy to our family. We continue to be absolutely crazy about her. I am so looking forward to the next 6 months and beyond!!!

No comments: