Monday, January 28, 2013

Well child check ups

Brady grabbed this magazine and just starting flipping through in the waiting room. So big.
Brady and Presley had well child check ups today. Presley had her 6 month visit and Brady had his 4 year old visit. I had Caleb make sure he was available to go with me. I usually tackle Dr visits alone so he doesn't have to take off work, but I felt I might need the extra and hands. I wasn't wrong in my assumption.

Presley is doing great! She is right on track developmentally. She is growing and growing. She did much better with vaccines. She took a 3 hour nap after the appointment!

Presley stats: 
weight:  17 lb 7.5 oz, 63rd %
height:  25.75 inches, 23rd %
head:  16 in, 42nd %

She is short and chunky! I kind of already knew that.She gets it honest. She goes back at 9 months.

Brady is also doing great! He answered all the Dr's questions correctly. He was very cooperative when getting measurements taken and his finger stuck. He had a little meltdown when it was time for the vaccine. They gave the vaccine to him in his thigh. This meant that he had to pull down his pants in front of the female nurse. Caleb and I are both very confident that this is the reason for the meltdown and not the actual shot. He kept repeating, "I don't like my pants like this, just let me pull them up." He recovered quickly.

Brady stats:
weight: 40 lbs, 78th %
height: 41.5 inches, 73rd %
BMI: 16, 73rd %

He is tall. He is skinny, but muscular. The kid has a full set of abs. He has consistently been in the higher percentiles. He gained 4.5 lbs since his well child check up last spring. He is growing perfectly!

We had one concern about a tiny red spot on Brady's face. Our pediatrician immediately knew what it was and said it was of no concern. It is called  spider hemangioma. It is basically a cluster of blood vessels at the skins surface. The Dr. said it is similar to a birthmark and should fade or disappear over time, but it could take years. My parents were the ones who noticed it, so I made sure to call my mom immediately and tell her it was nothing. The Dr. encouraged me to look it up when I got home, so I did. Everything I found was almost word for word what he told me. I was already confident in our pediatrician, but that boosted my confidence that much more. :)


I am so so so thankful for healthy kiddos!!! It is such a blessing. 

No comments: