Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Little Weekend Review

Caleb has managed to have several weekends of as of late and we are loving it!
 
Friday night we headed out to watch Riverdale and Oakland(two high schools in our town) girls play basketball. Caleb is an Oakland alum and he played basketball and baseball there. Riverdale and Oakland are BIG rivals. Caleb's brother is now the head coach for the Riverdale girls basketball team. I think Caleb was kind of torn on who to cheer for. Ha!
Ignore Brady's silly face. He makes it so difficult to get a good picture. Ahhh!
 
Oakland girls were ranked #10 and Riverdale #2 in one national pole, so it was an intense game. Riverdale ended up winning. It was a packed house and the atmosphere we so fun. The game was so close until the last quarter and both the kids behaved excellent. I actually got to enjoy the game! ;)Presley has had a hard time at the games until now. Over stimulation, I am sure!
 
Saturday we enjoyed a nice day at home. Brady played with all his new toys and we just enjoyed being at home. It is nice to have a day for all of us to just be home occasionally. We decided to venture out for dinner. We made a quick Wal-mart run, then Caleb and I watched a movie at home. A nice little Saturday.
 
Sunday was typical worship service and family time at my mom's. I am stealing these pics form my sister. Mom and I left her with the kiddos so we could take a walk. (She is a few weeks away from her due date, so she would rather stay with the kids obviously, especially if they are napping. We weren't leaving her out or anything. ) 

 
Sunday night/Monday morning about 1-2 am our weekend took a rough turn. Brady woke vomiting. I made a quick trip to Wal-mart at 4 am to get some supplies. He has been so sick and unable to eat or drink since. He finally stopped vomiting about 2 pm Monday, but still doesn't have an appetite. We were at a point of he had to start drinking or going to the ER. He finally started drinking some and quit vomiting. He has been SO sick. 
 
 
This will sound strange, but through out this entire thing I keep thinking, I am thankful it is only a stomach bug. My heart has been so heavy for the families that this kind of thing is a normal occurrence. I can not imagine the struggle parents of a child with cancer or another long term disease have. I find my prayers drifting from my family to those families, because this is temporary for us, but daily life for them.  It has been rough on my boy, but he will come through this and be fine in a few days, those families don't always have that hope. It breaks my heart.
 
I am also praying Presley stays well, if she gets the same thing, we will be in the ER. She is too small to handle all that. So far she seems fine, I am hopeful. I have been bleaching and washing everything in our house. I did at least 8 loads of laundry yesterday, I quit counting at 8. Ha Ha!
 
Well, off to bleach something else and hopefully get some rest.


No comments: