![]() |
| A certain big brother grabbed my phone and did his own photo shoot with little sister. This was one of the better ones. Ha! |
She interacts more and is noticing more and more.
Caleb, Brady, and I spend so much time watching, interacting, and laughing with her. We are all so crazy about little sister!
At 5 months Presley is...
- wearing some 3-6 months, mostly 6 months, and some 6-9 months. Most of the 6-9 is still really big.
- smiling and laughing a lot! She mostly laughs at Brady. She loves to watch and interact with him.
- sleeping from 8 or 9 until 5 or 6. She had a rough sleeping spell for a few weeks. She was waking early in the morning and not wanting to go back to sleep. She still wakes most mornings, but she is falling back to sleep now. I quit swaddling her and let her sleep with a small lovie and that comforts her to fall back to sleep.
- loves her bath
- loves her daddy. Mommy is still her favorite, but Daddy and Brady are up there. She is also really loving her Sue Sue!
- nursing 5-7 times a day. It is about every 3 or 4 hours during the day.
- sitting up well for very short intervals. She can sit up supported for long periods.
- went to Sunday school for the first time today.
- will start rice cereal tomorrow.
- she is so sweet and happy. Her meltdowns have greatly decreased. I decided to avoid all spicy foods and caffeine and this has made a huge difference. She still has the occasional tummy ache, but they are rare.
- grabbing toys with fingers and bringing to face. She does really well picking things up. She usually drops them after a little.
- She sat in the seat of the grocery cart this week. She loved it! She hammed it up for anyone who would look in her direction!
These past 5 months have been crazy. Going from a family of 3 to a family of 4 is a huge adjustment. I am exhausted most nights, but end up staying up to get things done and have some alone time. The days fly bye, because someone is always eating, pottying, or needing put down for a nap. I feel like a big, hot mess covered in bodily fluids most days. Even when things are good, it could all fall apart at any moment. I often feel like we live in a zoo.
BUT
It is all so worth it! She has brought so much to our family. She fits in perfectly and is along for the ride most of the time. We can't imagine our lives with out her. She is right at the perfect age. She can play and entertain herself a little, but she isn't mobile yet. I can't get enough of her sweet, big thighs and cute belly laughs. When she coos and smiles, I melt into a puddle. She has us all wrapped around that sweet, gummy grin. Caleb, Brady, and I will each do just about anything to get her to show it to us. You don't even want to know how we act trying to get her to laugh.
Here is Brady and Presley at 5 months. Even amidst the chaos of every day, I often catch myself feeling so overwhelmingly blessed with TWO healthy, beautiful babies. I remember this "photo shoot" with Brady at 5 months vividly!It is crazy to me how big he is now. I am so crazy about both of these sweet babies. I am so thankful God choose me to be their Mommy. I take the role of Mommy serious and want nothing more than to please God with this job he has entrusted me with. I pray I can help mold them into God loving, independent disciples. It is amazing how much I can love each of these babies at the same time!!!





1 comment:
Look at those cheeks!! She is a doll!
Post a Comment