Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Quick Weekend Recap


Friday night we made a visit to Opryland to see the lights. Caleb and I used to do this before we had kids. My parents also took us when we were small. It is an inexpensive and fun Holiday outing.
They had this little area sat up for kids. Most everything was free or just a few dollars. These cars were free and it wasn't crowded!
 
The train was $3. Brady was the conductor. He loved this!!! I have a better picture on my camera, but I haven't loaded it to my computer yet.
The rest of the place was SUPER crowded. Brady got in trouble a few times for drifting off. He didn't wander far, but it was so crowded he had to literally stay right next to us.
This picture is right after he got in trouble for pulling off a 2nd poinsettia pedal after being scolded for pulling off the first one. Grrr! 

Excuse Brady's eyes in the picture below. The lighting had a strange effect on them. As soon as we walked in, Shrek was standing there. Brady was TERRIFIED. He loves Shrek and all characters on tv and toys, but the "real" ones scare him to death. He kept saying, "uhm this is close enough. I don't want to get any closer."
We got coffee and dessert before heading home.
The kiddos were worn out and it was a little crazy at times, but we still had a great time.


Saturday morning Noah came over to stay with us while his parents went shopping. Brady was so excited!!!






They spent the morning playing before nap time.

After naps, we loaded up and headed to a birthday party.



Presley enjoyed taking it all in. Girl was tired. I leaned her back in my arms and she went right to sleep. She never does that.

Brady and Noah stayed big buds at the party.

I was so proud of Brady's behavior at the party. He listen and obey so well. That was not the case the night before, so I had threatened to not let him attend the party. However, he was so good. He sat and watched Gavin open the gifts, he didn't whine, he didn't snatch gifts, he just sat and watched. He was so excited for Gavin. It was so sweet. He even sat there until the very last gift was opened, which happened to be from us, because he wanted to see him open it. Sometimes he drives me up the wall and sometimes he is so sweet I think my heart might explode. That is parenthood, I guess.



Caleb and the kids spent Saturday night in, while I took an alone trip to Wal-mart. Sunday we had a  retirement party for the minister there. He has been the minister there my entire life, so it was pretty special. However, I spent most of the time feeding a baby, cleaning up spit up, and trying to keep the baby from crying, because she was missing nap. Oh well, such is life.
We spent Monday cuddled up and resting for the busy weekend. So thankful for Mondays at home...

No comments: