Caleb had to work all weekend, but that didn't slow us down any.
Saturday:
Brady and I went to Target, the grocery store, and took Daddy a surprise Starbucks coffee.
When we got home, I had to clean the house and make some food to take to the party that night. Brady ate some Dora yogurt while I put away the groceries.
Brady went down for a nap and by the time he woke up, Caleb was home. We quickly got ready and headed to the party.
Our church has recently started a monthly, "kid devo". It is for ages birth-3rd grade. They have a dinner, lots of time to play, and a short interactive age appropriate devo. This month they also had fireworks.
(It was pretty hot and Brady sweats like a 500 pound man in the dessert normally, so his hair was soaked with sweat. It is gross, I know.)
The fireworks were awesome. The devo was good. The kids were so cute and funny answering questions. The food was good, too! We had a ton of desserts!
We stayed up to late and Brady was worn out, but we had a really good time!
Sunday:
We went to church and spent the day at my parents house.
My grandparents are planning to move closer to my parents, so Brady and I went to look at houses with them after lunch.
Brady was so cute. He would say, 'I wike it! I wike this one!" when we would go in the houses.
That night after church we had another get together to go to. They had fireworks and watermelon.
Brady got to be a little more involved in the fireworks here. He enjoyed that part, but was a little over the whole fireworks thing by this point.
Caleb would take him to light one of the little fireworks and yell, RUN Brady!Brady thought that was so fun and would run so far away yelling, RUN RUN!!!![]()
As soon as the fireworks were over, we all came home and went to bed!
Monday:
I spent all morning cleaning, while Brady played with play-dough or his toys.
Caleb got home a little after 2 and wanted to take Brady to see Cars 2 for the Matinee showing. Brady loves Lightning McQueen and Mater, so I agreed we could go. It was only $5 a person between 4-5pm and Brady was free!!!
Then I made supper when we got home and we spent the rest of the night resting and getting ready for the rest of the week.
It was a crazy-busy weekend, but so much fun!
I am at the point that I would take the crazy, exhausting family filled weekends over the work week any time!
No comments:
Post a Comment