Thursday, July 7, 2011

Imagination!

Monday I let Brady play with play-dough while I cleaned the house.

I rarely let him because it is messy and I, frankly, don't want to clean up the mess it makes.

But on days when we are at home all day, I try to let him do some things he doesn't regularly get to do, mess or no mess.

I took a minute to break and watch him play. It soothes the soul to watch that him. He has a great imagination and plays so well by himself.

Let me tell you what I saw and I am sure you will agree...

 He made a "turtle" out of the play-dough.
Then sat it on the floor.
He stood over it for a minute, then yelled, "RUN, RUN, RUN!!!".
He stood back and said, "Oooh, Pwetty, workfires!" 
He saw me watching and said, "stay back, it hot."(he even held his hand up to hold me back)
 Then slowly walked back to the "turtle" and picked it up with two fingers very carefully.
Then, dropped it on purpose, said "ouch", picked it up again and said, "Mommy, it's hot!"

I love that little boy more than he will ever know. I laughed all day and couldn't wait to share it with Caleb!!!

No comments: