1. Today is my 29th birthday! That is crazy to me. I don't feel like I should be entering my last year of my twenties. In fact, I feel like I just graduated high school. However, I know I have grown and matured since then, thankfully. I see instagram photos and tweets from high school and college girls and I am so happy to be past that stage. I am so much more comfortable in my own skin at this stage and not as worried about silly things. I love being a wife and mommy. There is a lot of good that comes from getting older and maturing, those are the things I am choosing to focus on as the big 3-0 approaches.
My sister shared this collage of us today. Thought I'd share.
*Anyone see a Presley look alike in the bathtub pic?*
2. Our first week back with Rylan is coming to a close. It hasn't been bad, but I wouldn't say it was great either. Next week, I have to get to work on creating a schedule we can all agree on.
3. The weather has been so nice recently. It has been in the 80's which is so unlike late July, early August here. I have been able to get out and walk at the park in the afternoon with the kids without suffocating from the heat and humidity. Who knows if it will stay that way or not.
4. We planted a vegetable garden this year. We have loved it. We have had so much zucchini, so we have had zucchini prepared in just about every way possible. It has really helped us save some money, since I just cook based on which veggies we have at the time. I think the zucchini is slowing down. The cucumbers, bell peppers, and yellow squash are still going strong. I am excited to plant a bigger garden next year.
*Whole Wheat Choc Chip zucchini muffins*
5. Last week, we caved and purchased a minivan. We had been thinking about it for a while. I had decided we would just keep what we had and save our money, when Caleb found one for a good price with a company he does business with. They gave us a great deal on our trade in and knocked a little off the price for us. It is a van. It is not my first choice in vehicle, necessarily. However, We are enjoying all the space and convenience it provides. It is the perfect vehicle for this season of life.
Happy Friday!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment