Friday, April 5, 2013

Color Run 2013

Last Saturday morning(the day before Easter) a few friends(and friends of friends, now new friends) and I participated in the Color Run in Nashville. We had "trained" some, but had really slacked off the past few weeks. We were not sure we would be able to run the entire thing, but were fine with that.

My friend Ana picked me up and we headed to Nashville. We were equal parts excited and nervous. This was our first 5K and we didn't know exactly what to expect.
 
We got there super early. It was good because we didn't feel rushed, but it was FREEZING! We were so ready to start moving, once we did, it was fine. But we froze waiting.
 
The entire team before.
 
 
 
My friend Stephanie and I ran together and managed to run until the finish line. We had to slow down during the color booth/check point things due to crowds. However, we ran the rest. We were so proud! Between the cheering staff, the colors everywhere, and high of completing it, we were so excited!

They give you these little packets to toss up at the end. We had to leave to get to Easter festivities. So Ana, Stephanie, and I had a sweet lady take some pictures of us and our color baggies. These are some of my favorite pictures.

 
 
 
We each wanted excited pictures in front of the finish line.
 
 
 
We found the rest of our friends and took an after group picture! We went over to the stage and after party for a minute, but like I said we had some Easter festivities to get to. So we snuck out. Next time hopefully it won't be Easter weekend and we can hang out a little more.
 
 
When we got back to the car, I looked in the mirror and the total ridiculousness of my face set in. The other girls didn't have it  all over their faces like I did. I shielded my face at each check point, or so I thought! Ha! I had to take a shameless selfie to capture the complete craziness.  I had already changed my shirt in an attempt to keep Ana's car clean. :)
 
All of our group did great! We had so much fun! We can't wait to do it again! It really is the happiest 5K on the planet!!!

 P.S. all of the color came off fairly easy, except for one pink patch in my hair. It is still there, nearly a week later! Ha!

1 comment:

Lawrence Family said...

I've always wanted a pink in streak in my hair.. go with it.