Caleb's work schedule changed a few months ago to only one weekend a month. It was 2-3 weekends per month. We have all really enjoyed having much more time as a family on the weekends.
Saturday, the kids and I had a full morning plan. At the last minute Caleb decided he would join us for it all.
We had a birthday party to attend for friends Nathan and Eli. The joint parties have really taken off and make it really nice! They had the party at an old gym that has been turned into a playhouse complete with 3 large bounce houses, a trampoline, pool, air hockey, and ping pong tables, and of course the basketball goal. It was a great place for a party. There was tons of space for running, jumping, and playing!!!
After practice we all came home. I finished making a chicken spaghetti to freeze for later this week, while everyone else napped.
When they all woke up we went out for dinner. We went to Mimi's Cafe. We rarely go there. We walked right in and got a table. That is so nice when having two little ones. We may be going there more often for that reason! ;) The kiddos did fine during dinner. She was really chewing on one of her toys and I said to Caleb, "she has to be teething, look at her!" He agreed, but said we have thought she was teething for months.
We went over to Barnes and Noble and while pushing P in the stroller Caleb said, "She has a tooth!" Sure enough one of the bottom teeth was poking through. That explains so much about this last week. I immediately felt better about the week we had just had! She was really testing me this past week.
We bought Brady The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and I got Sparkly Green Earrings to read. Brady has memorized nearly all of our kid books and I saw on Pinterest that pre-k to Kindergarten is a good time to introduce short chapter books. Caleb and I talked about it a little and decided to try it. It took a little convincing on Brady's part. I had to explain we make the pictures in our minds and he seemed to like that idea. He is doing well with listening to it each night so far!
I am loving the book I got. It is so funny. If you are a mom and need a light hearted, hilarious, we are all in this together book, I suggest this book. I was laughing so hard, Caleb said nothing was that funny. I read aloud what was in fact THAT funny and he admitted he was wrong when he couldn't stop laughing himself. Motherhood is funny! She does a great job of sharing the ups and downs of it through humor.









No comments:
Post a Comment