I have been tossing around the idea of doing a day in the life post for a while. I just want to remember this phase in our lives. It is easy to forget so much as time goes on. Today is Show Us Your Life: A Day in the Life over at Kelly's Korner, so I thought well I guess is the perfect time for this post. :)
NOTE: This is not every day, but most days. Our days are also in the midst of changing because I will begin keeping a friends 2 1/2 month old baby also! I may need to do another day in the life post in a few weeks. Ha!
My day really starts at 3:30 am when Caleb wakes up for his 2nd job. I don't get up, get up, but I do wake up. Most mornings Presley hears him and realizes she can't find her pacifier or blanket, so I go help her locate those and wait to see if she falls back to sleep. Most of the time she does.
I attempt to get a couple more hours of sleep before Presley is awake at 5-6am to eat.
By 6:30 am both Brady and Presley are up and going.
Caleb leaves at 8:30 am and the kids continue playing while I attempt to drink my coffee.
Around 9-9:30 am I nurse Presley and put her down for her morning nap in her crib. If all goes as planned and P goes right to sleep, then Brady and I have a couple hours to do whatever. It just depends on the day, sometimes I clean, read, catch up on things, take a shower, or play with Brady. He usually plays in his room, watches a movie, plays a game with me, paints, or follows me around. It really just depends on the day.
Presley wakes up around 11am- 12pm. Presley and Brady eat lunch around this time.
They play "together" after lunch until 1-1:30 pm.
Brady and I read a few books before he goes down for a nap.
Presley goes down for her afternoon nap between 1:30-2pm, usually right after I get Brady down.
They sleep until about 3-4 pm if all goes as planned. This gives me about 2 hours. I usually eat lunch at this time and I try to spend an hour cleaning up and/or getting supper prepared for later. Then I try to watch Dr. Phil at 3pm. or catch up on a DVR'd show while they finish their nap.
They are both up no later than 4:30 pm. Brady has a snack and watches a little t.v. as he wakes up.
They play until about 5:30 pm. This is when Presley gets a little fussy. I usually go ahead and feed her baby food/cereal for supper.
Around 6:30 pm the kids have a bath while dinner cooks.
At 7pm Presley has her night time bottle and goes to bed by 7:30 pm.
I clean up the kitchen while Brady and Caleb spend a few minutes together and we all sit in the living room and wind down before Brady goes to bed at 9pm.
Caleb and I watch a little tv together which usually consists of Caleb sleeping in his chair and me on the computer. ;) Ha!
By 10 pm Caleb is in bed. I usually stay up to do some reading or mindless tv watching without anyone touching me. Ha! I normally am asleep by 11:30pm.
This is a typical day, but also includes a lot of diaper changing, wiping tears, mouths, and hands, and of course cuddling. A lot of days are like this but also include a shopping trip, target run, playing at the park, or a play date. The biggest thing to remember about our day is that anything and everything can change at any given point. For example today, it is 10:30 am and Presley has yet to fall asleep for her morning nap choosing to cry and whine rather than rest while rubbing her eyes.
The days can be long, lonely, and exhausting, but I am so thankful to be home with them at this point. There is A LOT of good to being home with them. Working full time and commuting for the first 2 1/2 years of Brady's life had its own challenges and to be honest those days were much more exhausting for me. Thinking about the challenges involved with daycare alone make me want to curl up into the fetal position. I constantly felt like I was playing catch-up. However, being mom is hard no matter what your life looks like! Some days I fail miserably, but just get up and try to better the next day. It isn't a job for the weak. Ha Ha!
Thanks for stopping by!
The days can be long, lonely, and exhausting, but I am so thankful to be home with them at this point. There is A LOT of good to being home with them. Working full time and commuting for the first 2 1/2 years of Brady's life had its own challenges and to be honest those days were much more exhausting for me. Thinking about the challenges involved with daycare alone make me want to curl up into the fetal position. I constantly felt like I was playing catch-up. However, being mom is hard no matter what your life looks like! Some days I fail miserably, but just get up and try to better the next day. It isn't a job for the weak. Ha Ha!
Thanks for stopping by!






1 comment:
I loved reading about your day! Your kids are adorable and I love their name! I added you to my reader and look forward to reading more from you! Have a great weekend!
Lisa
Post a Comment