Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Life


Here is some proof of recent happenings around here.

An upset Presley. I have no idea what was wrong, but for some reason I took a picture of this. Maybe to prove she isn't always a sweet, happy girl. She has moments of drama and when they come you know it! Just trust me on this.

One night last week, we had some severe weather with tornadoes. I was woken up very early(3-4 am) with the dreaded decision to decide to wake up the kids and take cover or let them sleep. Some of you may know/remember, our town had a bad tornado when Brady was about 4 months old. I killed a young mother and her new baby. I am not one to get scared, but I tend to be more cautious now with tornadoes. I woke them up and we took cover. Brady kept asking if he could just go back to bed. When I finally let him, his exact words were, "It didn't even thunder or lightening." The look on his face was hilarious and screamed crazy, paranoid lady. We didn't have any trouble, but some surrounding counties had some tornadoes.

4 am is not a good look for me. Wow!

Presley loves to get a hold of Brady's toys!

We spent a lot of time indoors, so Brady worked on his reading and writing.

I am not a preschool teacher nor do I want to be. Brady and I often don't do well in a formal "school" situation. We did well this particular day. Sometimes when I start to introduce "school" stuff, he pretends to be asleep. Not kidding, true story!

He got a little creative with some of his letter placement. He was able to sound out each word and "read" it.

Brady is always a superhero. You never know who it will be...

We had a play date last week with a friend of mine from High School and her sweet kiddos. Presley enjoying the baby area! In a month or two, she will LOVE this!

Brady and the trains.

The boys at the water station. Sweet Sophie was off playing house by herself. Girls will be girls.

Sweet pajama babies after bath one night. She is just crazy about him. Love this about them.

Same week of 70 degree weather and tornadoes, we had snow. Gotta love Tennessee weather. Brady was so excited, he had to get out in it. He couldn't even wait for breakfast.

It didn't last long, so we got out for an afternoon cookie snack! It isn't much, but it brings a little extra fun to our day.

The next day we got more snow and Caleb was home to play with Brady in it. Brady was so excited. He actually got to watch this snow fall. His excitement grew with each snowflake. So sweet.

We had to get a first snow pic of Presley. I took her right back in after this. She watched the boys play from the back door. She was more than content with that.

Brady is almost always the first person to hear Presley wake from her nap. He rushes in to check on her. This is what I found the other day. It warms my heart how much they love each other!
 
This is just a little glimpse of our life. Some days are crazy, some are long, some are fun, and some are over way too quickly. It is no where near perfect or easy, but I cherish each day I get to be home with my babies, even the ones where I want to run away screaming. Ha! Ha!

No comments: