On April 10, 2009 (Good Friday) I was off so Brady and I went to State Farm to pick up my sister and a friend and head out for lunch. We enjoyed a quick lunch at Bellacino's on Memorial in Murfreesboro. My sisters husband called and said to get back to State Farm so we did. I made a quick decision without much thought that I will forever be thankful that I did.
Brady and I got out and went inside with them. Within minutes we were taking cover in "safe rooms" and the power went completely out. We huddled in the floor with Brady in my lap before the back up generator came on. We waited for a couple hours before we were all released. When I got home, I turned on the t.v. The tornado had hit a 23 mile stretch damaging over 700 homes, sending 50+ people to the hospital and claiming 2 precious lives. I later learned that I went to highschool with the husband/father of the mother and baby killed and that a family I go to church with house was completely demolished. The security camera's at State Farm picked up the tornado. Had I decided to just go on home. This is what I would have seen in my rearview mirror!

I can not explain to you the way my stomach flips thinking that my sweet baby and myself could have been driving away from such a scary site! This weekend has been chaotic, but I have hugged and kissed that baby boy nonstop since Friday. I am so thankful!!! We survived our first and hopefully last tornado! Brady had NO idea! Ha! That is the way it should be!
If you would like to help the family of the mother and baby that were killed in the tornado you can donate at any Bank of America or by going to this link
www.nashmash.com/bryant/ .
1 comment:
Praise GOD! I'm so glad I FINALLY got to meet little Brady =)
Post a Comment