We spent most of this week at home other than a few errands. Presley had a little cold so I tried to keep her in as much as I could. She never ran a fever and her drainage stayed clear, so it wasn't anything major or to be worried about. She just didn't feel well and had trouble sleeping due to all the drainage.
Bath time is one of her favorite parts of the day. That continued to be the case while she had a cold. It really soothed her and helped her congestion.
Brady and Presley started a little sibling fighting this week. Don't let the little girl fool you, she is the instigator. She wants whatever toy Brady has. She may be small, but she has big voice and makes sure it is heard!
They have that perfect balance of playing with each other and fighting with each other thing going on. I am really enjoying having a front row seat to watch their relationship develop and grow.
Caleb purchased and scheduled me a massage on Wednesday as a Valentine's gift. He was off that day and able to stay with the kids. I really enjoyed having some time out alone. The massage was nice, but the fact that I didn't even have to think about or plan when to have it made it so much better. It really took the gift above and beyond. I felt appreciated and loved, which isn't always the case for a SAHM. I am truly thankful for this sweet husband of mine. He isn't perfect, but he is good and tries to be the best husband and father he can.
Brady went to a ball game tonight, so Presley and I had some girl time before she went to bed and Caleb got home.
Presley has become a little challenging early night. She wants her supper, her bath, her bottle, and her bed. She wants it without interruption right as I am cooking dinner. I use the crock-pot a lot, cook meals ahead, or make quick easy meals, but I usually have a side to prepare and/or last minute details before everything is ready. I keep trying to find ways to entertain her for a few minutes while I finish.
The cabinets work temporarily. It is funny how quickly you forget how much they love this stuff. Brady used to do the same thing, but he isn't really interested any more.
She really thought she was getting into something! Ha!
We have had a pretty typical and normal week around here. Things are about to change a little next week. I will start keeping a little baby for a friend every week day. They needed a babysitter and it will give me a little income. It may take a while for all to get adjusted. We will just have to wait and see. :)










1 comment:
I loved seeing your kids playing/ fighting. I am looking forward to the day when our little boy has a sibling to play with! I can totally relate to the early night crankiness! Making dinner is so hard these days and I find myself using every distraction I could ever image just to please him for 5 minutes!
Lisa
Post a Comment