- The weather has been so nice the better part of this week. We have spent a lot of time outside, playing with the Frisbee, taking Marley on walks, kickball, rolling Presley in the wagon, basketball, sitting in the shade on a blanket, and trimming bushes. Unfortunately, our allergies are suffering. Regardless, the three of us have really enjoyed some pleasant outdoor activities, even though we all have runny noses. :)
No pictures, we were busy playing. ;)
- We found out this week that Brady and Presley will have another BOY cousin. My sister, Bryan, and Noah will add baby Oliver to their family come February.
I stole this pic from my sister.
I guessed boy from the beginning. I just saw Noah with a brother and everyone I know right now is having boys. Noah adores Brady and loves all things ball and swords. I am not partial to any sibling combinations. I think all are unique and special in there own way. I think siblings are super important and a huge blessing, whatever the combination!- Presley is growing. She is so so so good through the week!!! (The weekends are, uhm, a different story.) I am very thankful she is so good, because Brady often gives me a run for my money through the week. ;) Sometimes he gets a little mouthy and he just has so much energy! He is such a strong willed and opinionated child. I know this will be a good thing one day.
- I made my favorite pinterest find this week. I have made it before. We love this cake! It is so easy and so yummy! I didn't use as much butter as the recipe calls for this time and it was still so good.
- Brady got to have a night out with "aunt" Debra tonight. She is Caleb's mother's best friend and has always been Caleb's "Aunt" Debra. Her family loves our family well. She brought Brady some awesome Spiderman shoes! Brady told her he wanted to go to Toots to eat, he wanted a hamburger and french fries, and he wanted to play the motorcycle game while he was there. See what I mean, strong willed and opinionated. All of his wishes were met. I think she even tried to buy him a toy at Toys-R-Us and he told her he didn't need it. He amazes me everyday.
- I discovered that Brady knows his right from his left. We were talking about something and he corrected me telling me which was the right side and which was the left. I was floored. I asked how he knew that and he replied, "my favorite song is to the right to the right, to the left to the left." He was referring to the Cupid Shuffle. He learned his right from his left from the Cupid Shuffle. I am not sure what to think of that.
- Monday night we went to a funeral visitation for our friend's grandfather. We had prepared Brady by telling him that Mr. Joe went to heaven. After approximately 5 minutes of being there Brady says, "Mom he isn't in heaven, he is right there!" pointing to the casket. He follows that up with "But this isn't heaven!" He continued to loudly discuss the body and the casket until we left. Sweet statements like," where are his legs" and "why are his hands praying in that box". Obviously, he lacks sensitivity. Caleb and I were in separate cars so he took Brady and I took Presley on the way home. As we were getting in the car both kids were crying in separate vehicles. Caleb and I just had to laugh. Caleb asked, "when did this become our life?"


No comments:
Post a Comment