Wednesday, September 5, 2012

2 Month Check Up

Presley and I went to her 2 month well child check up this morning! Brady stayed with Caleb's dad. He didn't want any part of going to the Dr. office, even if it wasn't for him. Ha Ha!
naked and happy.


Presley was in a great mood when we got there. She smiled and cooed at the nurse and Dr. She didn't cry at all when they measure, weighed, and looked her over. Last month, she screamed the entire time! We had a sweet little conversation before the vaccines came. Poor girl had know idea what was coming.

I haven't been looking forward to this appointment. I do fine with the shots. I know it is a part of life, the pain is temporary, and it is good for their overall health. I never cried or got upset about/with any of Brady's shots. BUT, girl can cry! When she gets upset, she gets UPSET!!! She cries so loud. It is crazy that someone that tiny can make that much noise. All that to say, I just knew she would wail and scream with the shots and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to calm her down.

waiting on the Dr.
Fortunately, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Oh she screamed and it took several minutes to get her under control, but not near as bad as I thought. In fact I think it was harder to calm her after last months appointment and she didn't get a single shot. Silly girl.

She is currently sleeping away!!!

2 month stats...

weight: 11 # 10 oz       59th percentile
height:  22.5 inches     52nd percentile
head circumference: 14.96  43rd percentile

She got 3 shots and one oral vaccine. She loved the oral rotovirus vaccine. She just smacked those lips.

 She gained about 1.5 lbs and grew 1 inch since last month. She has significantly slowed her eating down so I didn't expect as large of a weight gain as the first month. Her head went from the 83rd percentile to the 43rd percentile, but Presley was screaming at the 1 month visit so I think she mis-measured at the one month visit. She was much more cooperative this visit.

Overall, she is doing great and right on track with everything! So blessed!

1 comment:

Lawrence Family said...

I got out Noah's baby book and compared her stats to his at 2 months. They are very close in size! Noah weighed 11.5 ...5 ounces less than her. And he was 23 inches long so a little longer than she is!