Saturday, February 26, 2011

Slacker Mom Week

Every now and then I have these weeks, weeks when my house is clean, I cook meals every night and take my lunch every day, play with Brady and get him to bed on time, keep blog/facebook updated, somewhat enjoy my job and find it fulfilling, talk with my husband, and exercise often, etc.

These are the weeks I feel like super woman!
Everything is in balance and I rest a little easier at night.
I love these weeks!!!
I need more weeks like this in my life.

Unfortunately, This week has definitely NOT been one of those weeks. My house is a wreck, every time I sit down to blog, check e-mail, bank accounts, facebook, etc.  something else distracts me, my job has been stressful mentally and physically, I have played with Brady less than I care to admit, bedtime has been somewhat sporadic, cooked meals non-existent, exercise-Ha!, and I have slept horribly, etc.

I am not super woman! I am slacker mom!

I think I need these weeks though.

They are like a huge slap in the face to tell me to  slow down, relax, prioritize, realize you are human, and you can't possibly do everything.

I need that, because I like to think I can do everything.
I want to be able to do everything and do it the best I possibly can.

But in reality, I have crappy weeks!

Weeks that I am off my game and I do nothing well.

Weeks were I sink.

I am not good at showing this failure side. (case and point: I have rewritten this post 7 times and I am still not sure I will press publish!!!)

I fail often and am OK with that, I just don't like to broadcast it!

I want to remember all of this time when Brady is so little, not just the good, fun times.  But the good times are the ones I tend to share.

I need to remember all of it. 

So, I will push publish to remind myself that is hard and to be more understanding to other mothers, to myself, and to my friends when we have those weeks.

At least this little guy makes it all worth it, ketchup smiles and all!!!
 

3 comments:

April said...

Oh girrrrrl! I feel ya! Sometimes I have those months!

Lauren said...

Gosh we all have those weeks--and you have so much on your plate! We LOVED the birthday message from Brady--too cute!

Anna Rowland said...

Everyone needs these "slacker weeks". Without them, the productive super woman weeks could not be possible!