I often pray to be that mom that sees God in and through her child. I want to be able to take every day occurrences and turn them into spiritual messages. I want to be able to teach Brady through his mistakes, laughter, thoughts, actions, and desires. I want to show him God in and throughout his life.
I have thought about this for a while, but just recently added it to my prayer a month or two ago.
Not long after I added my request to God, it happened. An everyday occurrence launched me into thinking spiritually!
Note: Brady does exceptionally well during worship service and is usually complimented by surrounding people on his behavior.
We have let Brady put the contribution in the basket at church for a year or so now. He does a really good job and usually high fives whoever is closest to him.
A few Sundays ago, my grandmother had given Brady a lot of change before the services began. When contribution time rolled around, I decided it best if Brady gave some of his change.
I knew it was coming!
He is 1 and change makes a noise when it goes in a metal basket.
BUT, he was also practicing his form on throwing it in before the basket made it to our pew!
I knew it was coming!
Sure enough when the basket reached us, Brady threw those two quarters in that metal basket with so much gusto they nearly bounced out and hit the innocent person in front of us!!
Naturally, he was proud of his perfect form and immediately smiled and turned to give Caleb knuckles! There may have been a little YAY and happy dance involved as well.
The exact details escape me.
As all 5 rows behind us churched laughed thru the rest of the contribution, my embarrassment was evident by my blushing face!!!
Then, it hit me!
He is being a cheerful giver!
He is proud to give his money to God!
If only I gave with such gusto.
He even high fives afterwards!!!
That is pretty awesome and I am pretty sure that is what Jesus meant when he tells us to be like little children.
So, instead of shhshhing Brady and sinking down into the pew, we embraced it and his cheerful, excited spirit!
His sweet spirit, excitement, and joy for life has so blessed my life. I never want him to lose these qualities!
I want him to embrace them!
I should have been praying for this all along!!!
2 comments:
What a good attitude. Clay's not a cheerful giver, but we're working on it. Very good thoughts to keep in mind!
I LOVE this and am so glad you posted it! What a sweet boy and he is already learning such valuable principles early on. You are such a good mommy!!
Post a Comment