Thursday, November 4, 2010

As a Mommy...

Since becoming a mom, my life has drastically changed. It has changed me in the normal, expected ways you often here mom's describe like being more loving, caring, and being able to balance so much more than I could ever imagine. It has opened my heart and mind in a way I can't seem to describe.

But, it has also changed me in some unexpected ways. In a sense, my mind has been transformed to that of a 2 year old. I see things as Brady sees them. Along side that I see God in places I never did before. Most of the time I love this. It is fun and exciting.

However, sometimes it is silly and embarrassing! (Which I may secretly love, too!)

Allow me to give an example.

Today I was at the grocery store, alone. As I was leaving, I looked to my left. A car was driving by and I noticed a small DVD player in the back seat. One of Brady's favorite shows was playing.
As I noticed that little blue engine on the screen, I had an immediate reaction to yell at the top of my lungs, CHOO CHOO!!!! Seriously, it took every ounce of my being to not point and scream right there in the middle of the Publix parking lot. When my twenty-something year old eyes and brain returned, I got in my car, laughed, and instantly turned red.

The sad part is if Brady had been with me, I definitely would have yelled CHOO CHOO! in the middle of the Publix parking lot with my sweet, sweet boy and not been embarrassed at all.

Yep, this is my life!

No comments: