Wednesday, June 30, 2010

18 Months

Brady actually turned 18 months last week, but we went for his 18 month check-up today. He weighed in at 25# 13 putting him at the 50th% for weight and 34 inches putting him at the 90th% for length. He has stayed pretty consistent with his percentages since birth.  I am always sooooo shocked he is this tall. I am 5'1" and Caleb is 5'8"! Who would have guessed we would have a baby at the 90th% for length? Crazy!


Brady has changed so much in the last 6 months and even more since he was first born. It is hard to remember him being so tiny like above. He stays busy constantly. He is an exceptional sleeper and doesn't do well without it.  He can say Mama, Dadda, Fish, Turtle, Sue Sue, Gigi, Papa, bubbles,  outside, Thank you, Elmo, Tractor, Dog, Cat, and several other words. He can sign more, please, thank you, milk, eat, baby, and a few others, but they are slowly being replaced with words. If he doesn't know the word, he uses Mama instead. So he says Mama about 9,000 times a day whether I am around or not. Ha!  He also says a lot of "that dadda" or "whats that." His little words are the sweetest thing in the entire world!

He has about 16 teeth! He can and will eat about anything. He is rarely picky unless he isn't hungry. He HATES juice, except for one time he drank some at a restaurant. Usually it is launched across the room. (As a dietitian, can't say I am too disappointed about this! ) He loves milk, cheese, fruit snacks, yogurt, and granola bars consistently. Everything else is hit or miss depending on the hunger level and day.

He gets into everything and loves to play. He has a GREAT personality. It ranges from rolling his eyes when you ask him a question, flirting with everyone he sees, dancing and singing on cue, or laughing hysterically. He is a performer no matter where we are. For example, he performed a little dance party in the middle of a restaurant Sunday afternoon while all the other tables stared and laughed. When he noticed, he got really into it!!!

He is the sweetest little boy in the world and even though I am exhausted at the end of every day, I wouldn't change the last 18 months for anything!!!

1 comment:

Lana said...

Aw look at little bitty Brady!! It makes me happy that Sue Sue will forever stay your mom's name haha. I'm pretty sure my parents are stuck w/ Jill Mama and Timmy Boy so I think she got off well. lol