Friday, June 4, 2010

So Fresh and So Clean

 This new vacuum came today!



  I couldn't be more excited about a new vacuum!

We were given a vacuum as a gift when we got married. I didn't register for a vacuum, because I had one that worked fine. I thought I would wait until all the wedding craziness calmed down, research vacuums, and use gift cards and cash gifts to get a really nice vacuum. However, we were given one as a surprise. It was such a nice gift and was a well-known brand! I was thrilled to have a nice vacuum and that we could use gift cards and cash on something else.

At first, I liked the vacuum just fine. It wasn't super powerful, but it kept our little apartment clean.

It wasn't until we bought our house that I began to HATE that vacuum. The previous owners put in new carpet in the bedrooms. I don't know if you have dealt with new carpet or not, but it can be pretty disastrous with a not-so-powerful vacuum. New carpet sheds...A LOT! Or at least this particular kind did. My little wedding gift vacuum just didn't cut it. I am not sure if it was our carpet overworked it, if are vacuum was a lemon, or if this particular brand is just bad, or maybe a combo of all three.  Over the past 3 years, our little vacuum has increasingly lost suction until it now basically just moves the dirt around. Not good!

Needless to say, a new vacuum was at the top of my want list. I had told my mom a couple of weeks ago that I wanted one for my birthday in August. She said, I couldn't wait until August with a one year old and I needed one now. She is probably right since Brady spends a large portion of his time playing in the floor.

So, my new vacuum came today!!!! She also ordered me a Shark Steam Mop because she thought I needed one. And I probably do. What a great mom I have!!! So far I have really liked the vacuum. I am going to try out the steam mop tomorrow. I really never thought I would be so excited about cleaning supplies!!
Funny how things change!

 I am off to do some more cleaning!!!

Thanks Mom!

Pictures from Target.com

1 comment:

Lana said...

Sue Sue WOULD know all about the cleaning..she's a smart lady. Amazing how you get excited about different things as the phases of life change haha