Friday, June 25, 2010

From my soap box....

I LOVE having a little boy! I LOVE so many little boy things. I think Brady is the CUTEST and has some of the SWEETEST little clothes, shoes, hats, and toys!!!

BUT......

I am often so discouraged when I am shopping for this sweet little monkey. I can usually find what I want for him with a few exceptions. The problem comes in once I find it. They just don't make enough of the little boy things. I will find exactly what I want, go to buy it or order it, and they will be out. This happens to me ALL THE TIME! I hear a lot of other little boy mommas with the same complaints, so it seems the market is there. This has been a problem for me from the moment I found out Brady was in fact a boy at 20 weeks gestation on our first ultrasound. It enrages me that they just don't make as much of the little boy stuff!

What got me on this soapbox today, you ask?

You see, we are taking a vacation later this summer to the beach. I found the perfect little boy cover up here.


It is reasonably priced and perfect for windy beach days, traveling to and from the room, cold, wet babies getting out of the water, it will stay on(unlike a towel or robe) and it is really cute. It also happens to be for a boy and has super cute pockets!

Note: Try searching for baby/toddler boy swim cover ups. Good Luck! Can I get that in any color other than pink? Grrrr!

 I digress!

So, I go to order and there is only 1 size still available, 12 months. You can probably smell the disappointment coming through your screen. Brady no longer wears anything in 12 month size.

No worries, they do have a lovely 2nd choice which is similar, not my first choice, but would serve the purpose just the same and it is from the same company.

 

So I click on over and low and behold they only have PINK available. And they have EVERY size in pink. Oh really! I am so shocked! I am certain they made 590,567,097 in pink and 10 in blue.  Cool!

That is when I decided to do an extensive search on cover-ups and was led to every sweet, frilly, pink one out there, but none for boys. I even came across a chat room dedicated to moms looking for cover ups for little boys. Crazy!

I am still looking for a cover up!

I will step off my soap box, but only to show you a picture of my favorite little cowboy!