Sunday, March 28, 2010

Am I too old to have a slumber party?

Certainly NOT!

Caleb went on a Men's retreat this weekend, so I took that as a perfect oppurtunity for a girls night.

Not just any girls night, though. A full out, nail painting, hair fixing, loud giggling, hilarious dancing, late night talking, chick flick watching, pizza eating slumber party that would make any twelve year old girl sweat with envy to be invited! Oh yes! It was that awesome! We will make this a yearly event, for sure!

The girls got to my house around 6-ish. I had snacks and goody bags waiting on them when they arrived. (I forgot to take a picture before they ripped into them) In the goody bags was Freeze It Original Hair Spray, 2 varieties of a facial mask, nail polish, and the slumber party staple a tube of Lip Smackers. We ordered pizza, baked cookies, and danced before Brady went to bed. FYI: Brady is a ladies man and a wild dancer! We enjoyed some home-made non-alcoholic pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris. We did a little nail painting and then put on our masks. One girl brought stuff for a salad, but we put the cucumbers on our face instead. Then we piled into our computer room and got an infamous lesson on hair poofing. (If you haven't seen this, then you should. It has changed my life! That may be a bit dramatic, but oh well!) This is what the hair spray was for. Then we attempted the always desired Bachelor hair poof with little success. We will keep trying though! The rest of the night was filled with talking and laughing until we decided to turn on Pretty in Pink and we all passed out on the air mattress and couch.

The next morning, Brady was up bright and early so we fixed a delicious little breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, and coffee for every one. Brady fell out of the chair trying to get some blueberries and woke every one.

All in all it was great fun! I can't wait to do it again. It is a little sad that almost every one was asleep by 11:30 and every one was up by 7:00. I guess thats what happens as you get older!

I kept forgetting to take pictures, but I managed to snap a few!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

how fun! it was great to see you all this weekend too--Brady is so cute. he will be too fun on the beach in august!

Sarah :) said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! Don't you love being a girl :)