Sunday, January 24, 2010

Date Night- Week 1

For the first at home date night, I decided we would just play a game. I wanted it to be one we can play with 2 people(obviously), one we don't play often, and one that would take a little while to fill up the 2 hours, so we wouldn't finish and turn the t.v. back on. So, We played Monopoly!


My comments: I had so so so much fun, not just because I dominated and seized all of Caleb's money and properieties! Caleb had fun too! At one point he even looked up and said, This is fun. That was before he landed on my boardwalk with a hotel. Ha! We laughed and talked while we played. It took about 2 hours from start to finish. They now have a fast die option, which we didn't use. I was afraid we might get bored, but we didn't. We truly just enjoyed spending time together. My husband is really funny and sometimes life gets in the way and I forget that. I say it was a success!

His comments: I really had a great time. I was dominating the board until she bought Park Place and Boardwalk. I would have been fine if it had ended at that, but it didn't. She decides to put hotels on all of her high priced properties. The end result, she kicks my tail. It was a really good time and I am excited to keep this new tradition going, as long as I can win some when we play games.

Date:         Monopoly
Cost:         $10
Time:        2 hours
Outcome: Success

There was absolutely no guilt involved. I was right there if Brady needed me, it was cheap, and we went to bed feeling like we actually spent some time together. This has made me even more excited about this challenge. We are already planning for next week.

1 comment:

April said...

I know Brandon would love this. Only problem is I know he'd beat me and even though I stink at most things I am still a bad loser (dunno how that's worked out!) I like the idea of game night!!! Keep sharing! I like how you got Caleb to weigh in :o)