Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A B C.....

Brady loves books!


 He will sit and flip through them without tearing one page. As soon as we brought him home from the hospital, we began to read to him. We keep books in the diaper bag for Dr.s visits, church, car rides, restaurants, and any and everywhere else we might go. We read a bedtime story most nights. We also read anytime we get a new book.

I often find him pulling books out of the toy box, book basket, or diaper bag and just "reading" away. It is so sweet. He will even pull out my cookbooks and flip the pages and just look through them.

I love this interest in books, but this week it was brought to a new level. Tonight the sweet little boy picked up The very Hungry Caterpillar book my sister got him for his birthday, walked over to me, handed over the book, reached up and grunted, and sat in my lap while I read the entire book. He didn't try to turn the page, he just listened.

I always thought it was so sweet to see children pick out a book and bring it to be read without being prompted. I so wanted a baby that did this. Well, I got one and it is even better than I could have imagined. I hope his love for books and reading grows with him.

I strongly encourage you to read to your children everyday if you don't already. If you don't have children and plan to, I encourage you to go ahead and plan on making this a priority. You and your child will have some of the greatest memories of this special time together.

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Lawrence Family said...

I knew that would be his favorite book!