- I have been all out of sorts this week. Monday morning I accidentally dropped the blender on my Pampered Chef pizza stone. This was a wedding gift and we literally use it every day to cook something. We have had several wedding gift casualties over the past seven years. Sad. :(
- Presley has really bonded with her daddy over the last little bit. She stood and watched him mow for the longest time the other night. She looked so sweet. BUT don't be fooled, she would scream and yell at him when he was out of sight. She can melt my heart and drive me bananas at the exact same moment like no one else.
- Presley has a tooth coming in up top. It hasn't broken the gums yet, but it is there. I let her have a Popsicle to try to soothe her. She ate about 1/16 of it before she dumped it out. I think it soothed her gums for a little bit though.
- I am attempting a new system of listing three chores I plan to get done each day. It seems to be helping keep things from getting so out of hand around here. I haven't done a super great job at it though, but I make myself add the unfinished jobs to my new list and that helps keep me accountable. Putting Presley in the laundry basket helps. :)
- My grandma gave me the stuff to make a strawberry pie this week. It is Caleb's favorite dessert. I have made tons of them over the past several years, but I really messed it up this time. I misread the directions and once I started, I new that it was wrong. I started over and just never got it right after that. It is more like Strawberry soup. Ha!
- Rylan's(the baby I keep) great grandmother passed away this week. He wasn't here today and won't be for the rest of the week. Prayers for their family are appreciated.
- We spent most of the day at the park today. Everyone got a little more sun than planned. I tried to keep Presley out of the sun and protected as much as possible, but she still got a little on her nose, cheeks, and one shoulder. Our friend Amie joined us. I have named her Nanny Amie. She spoils me and makes me feel like a celebrity SAHM with a nanny.
- I attempted to pull some weeds in the landscaping while the kids napped today, when I discovered a snake curled up right next to our garage. I ran away and refused to go back out until Caleb got home and took care of it. He battled that snake and won.
- I had planned on setting out flowers the rest of this week since I would have one less kid during the day. However, it may take me a few days to recover from discovering that bad boy. He was just SO close to the house and our high traffic area.
- This week has been crazy. Just little things combining together to form real life moments. I like real life. The what in the world- where is the candid camera-this can't be real life moments, these are the moments Caleb and I laugh at late at night. These are the moments we remember. These are the moments that bond us as a family. So, I will take the imperfect moments along with the perfect ones, because, after all, that is what real life is. A combination of perfect and imperfect moments coming together to make one completely wonderful life. :)

1 comment:
We also got a PC pizza stone as a wedding gift and there will be tears in our house if it breaks! :)
Post a Comment