Friday, March 11, 2011

Little Helper

Brady is really into helping right now. Give him a task and he is on it! I am trying to use this to my full advantage and to teach him.  I have been giving him jobs like put away his shoes, pick up toys, throw away trash, wipe up messes, and stirring batter or other foods.

The other night I was doing laundry when I heard that all too familiar pitter patter coming at me. My first instinct was to hurry and finish what I was doing. Brady got there before I could finish and looked at me and said, "I help".  He began putting all the clothes in the wash. I stopped him and told him we are only washing white clothes right now. So he began to pull out all the white clothes and put them in the washing machine.

 I am not sure why I was so surprised. I know he knows his colors and he understands a lot of what I tell him. Nevertheless, I was still surprised he could put it all together.

He separated the colors from the white clothes.

Then put the whites in the wash.
Then he had to help with the detergent. It was a little tricky!

We got it and Brady poured it in. Then he pushed the "butt" or button as every one else would say.

I hope his interest in helping phase stays around for a while!


No comments: