I am not sure why, but Sunday's are the hardest morning of the week.
Maybe it is because we all wake at the same time, or Saturdays are so jam-packed, we pay for it on Sunday, or maybe it is just Satan trying to keep us from church. I am leaning towards the latter, especially since yesterday wasn't that busy.
Well whatever the reason, to say it is a disaster is an understatement.
Take this morning for example! Brady was completely ready with plenty of time. Caleb and I were finishing up and about to head out, when Brady walked into our bathroom with a disturbing look on his face. He had gotten a bottle of body wash and dumped the entire thing all over him.
Maybe it is because we all wake at the same time, or Saturdays are so jam-packed, we pay for it on Sunday, or maybe it is just Satan trying to keep us from church. I am leaning towards the latter, especially since yesterday wasn't that busy.
Well whatever the reason, to say it is a disaster is an understatement.
Take this morning for example! Brady was completely ready with plenty of time. Caleb and I were finishing up and about to head out, when Brady walked into our bathroom with a disturbing look on his face. He had gotten a bottle of body wash and dumped the entire thing all over him.
I took his shirt off before I realized I should take a picture, it was worse on his shirt. He looks like he is explaining himself. Ha!
I took off all of his clothes only to find it had drenched his skin as well. Since he was covered in soap, we stuck him in the bathtub to clean him up. By the time we got him reready for church, church was starting. We ended up going to my parent's church a little further away since it starts a little later.
Then, this afternoon, Brady decided a nap was not in his plans. He finally went down after around 3:30. He was so tired, he slept until 5:50. When I went in to get him, I noticed his bedsheets were soaking wet. Considering church starts at 6, it takes 15-20 minutes to get there, and Brady and his bed were covered in urine, we didn't make it to evening services at all!
This is usually similar to how our weekly Sunday plays out, but every week we try it all again. Sometimes we make it and sometimes we don't, but we keep at it and will continue to do so each week!
Oh, Sundays!

2 comments:
Hum...this sounds similar to my life right now. Noah woke up at 4 last night soaking wet..his diaper leaked...this afternoon he didnt wake up til 5:45 and was a cranky mess so we didnt make it to evening services either.
I know what you mean about Sundays! They are by far the hardest day of the week...if we actually get to church on time it is a wrestling match to keep both kids quiet and happy..oh the joys of parenthood!
Post a Comment