I am a little behind on my weekly date night blogs, so I am doing two weeks in one post this time.
Week 4
Last week I had a cold and really didn't care to much about "date night". So Caleb brought home soup and sandwiches from Panera and we decided to watch the opening ceremonies to the Olympics. It worked out great because Caleb LOVES the Olympics and we actually were able to talk a lot. You don't have to really pay attention and I didn't feel well! It wasn't much of a "date" but it was better than me in one room and him in another and it fit that night in particular perfectly!
Date: Olympics
Cost: $0
Length: 2 hours or so
Outcome: Success
Week 5
This week my brother and his girlfriend were in town and the only night we could all get together was on Friday night. Since Fridays are our date night, we decided to give each other back massages once we got home. We each agreed on 15 minutes each. I lit a candle and Brady's lullaby c.d. was on through the monitor so it was somewhat spa like. We each gave 15 minute back massages and had such a great time. It was nice to get a little time to relax and we were able to talk a lot more than I expected. We felt like we had really spent some time together and it was only 30 minutes! I will say that giving a massage seems like forever and getting one was not nearly long enough. We may try to do this again!
I am not getting comments from Caleb on this post because He and Brady are asleep in the recliner as I type. We have tried to get Brady to take a nap all day so I am not risking waking them. Ha! They look so sweet! Oh how I love my boys!
Date: Back Massages
Cost: $0
Length: 30 minutes
Outcome: Success
No comments:
Post a Comment