Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Date Night- week 3

You could call this the date that never ends, LITERALLY!!! We decided to put together a puzzle. In our 7 year relationship, we have never put together a puzzle. We thought it will be fun.

We picked a puzzle!
We thought this will be fun and it won't be too hard!

Uhm!

4 hours later!

We only had the outline done!

Oh My!

My comments: It was fun, but if you are not extremely competive or patient, this is probably not for you. I am extremely competetive, hince the reason we worked on it for 4 HOURS!  I couldn't bring myself to stop. Now 4 days later, we are still working on that darn puzzle. We even had a friend help last night. There wasn't a lot of conversation because we were so focused, but I enjoyed it. I don't know that we will do this again for a while, though!  It was more stimulating than watching t.v., but I think we talk more during an episode of the Bachelor than the puzzle! Ha! I was a little disappointed in the "date" and my ability to finish the puzzle. It has made for a fun inside joke.

His comments: So I was thinking it would only take a few hours to complete. How hard could it really be, anyway? Oh my gosh. About 400 of the 750 pieces are blue and look exactly the same. At first it was really fun and enjoying myself with the puzzle and Amber. It is now to the point that all I want to do is throw all the pieces up in the air and hope they fall into place. aside from that, I enjoy the time with Amber, no matter what are doing. I really hit the jackpot when she decided to put up with my garbage for the rest of her life.

Date: Puzzle
Cost: $15
Length: 4 hours
Outcome: to be determined, if we can ever finish the puzzle.


No comments: