Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Date Night- Week 2

For our second date night we decided to do chocolate fondue. We have a fondue set that we got as a wedding gift. We have used it on occasion when we have company or make christmas truffles. We melted chocolate into the fondue set. You can get tons of fondue recipes online but we just kept it simple and you could just use a crock pot if you don't have a fondue set. I bought fresh strwberries, marshmallows, grapes, and canned pineapple. We had almonds and nilla wafers already. I set everything up on the table, lit a candle, and that was it!
 This isn't the best picture, but you get the idea.

My comments: This was really fun! We had grilled chicken salads for dinner that night so we wouldn't feel stuffed and that worked great. I was afraid that this wouldn't last that long and it would defeat the purpose, but that was not the case at all. We munched on the fondue and talked and talked and talked. It was really great! We talked about everything from work to future plans to Haiti to adoption to Brady. We sat at the table for 2 hours just talking. We didn't eat the entire time, though. It was like we were "out" on a date, but we were at home. The planning and the set up made us sit there and pay attention to each other.  We had gotten home early this day because of the snowy weather so after we had our 2 hour date, we did watch a movie, because we weren't hardly ready for bed. But the movie wasn't really part of the "date" so we didn't really break any rules. Ha!

His comments: The fondue was awesome. The conversation was great! I really enjoyed the time together. It was great to have some uninterupted quality time. We don't always get that and it was nice.  I am really enjoying these nights and can't wait for next week.

Date: Chocolate Fondue
Cost: about $15, chocolate, fruit, and marshmallows. We had everything else.
Length: 2 hours
Outcome: Huge Success and Yummy!

We would do this again any time. It didn't take a lot of effort or money and was really enjoyable.  Can't wait to see what next week holds!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Amber, I'm loving the "Date Night" Blogs and Concept!! Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun and it's such a cute idea! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with to do next week!