Caleb and I walked into the local hospital as a duo and went to sleep as a trio. This day one year ago changed our lives and family forever in ways I could have never foreseen or imagined.
You see one year ago a day, our sweet baby boy graced us with his presence and the most wonderful presence it was at that. He has taught us how to love in ways that don't even seem possible, taught is that love will make you do things you really don't want, and taught us that being a parent is THE greatest gift that God could ever bless you with.
Brady has joined Caleb and I in a way that I can't explain. We are forever connected through this amazing little boy. The love that each of us has for him far exceeds that of any other love. We would go to great lengths and depths to protect him and meet his needs. He is so much a part of our lives, it is hard to remember a time without him. I am certain he has a strong love for us as well, but I don't know that I could ever fully express how dear he is to his father and I.
To My Sweet Baby Boy,
I am so blessed to be your Mommy! God gave me such a wonderful gift in you! I can not fathom a life without you. You have brought so much love, laughter, joy, and fun into our lives. I love every little thing about you. I love the way you grin, the way you laugh, the way you dance, the way you shake your head no, and the way you lean in to love on me. I aslo love the way you babble on and raise your hand at me when I tell you no, the way you eat and eat and eat like you have been starving for years, and the way you think all eyes should always be on you. We have made it through our first year little one and I think we are doing o.k. There were days when your father and I had no idea what we are doing and also great days when we thought we might be getting the hang of this parenting thing. We will continue to have both types days throughout your life and maybe a few more varieties. I am striving to be the best mother to you and wife to your father, I know you need me to be both. Above both of those I am striving to live a life like Christ and teach you to have one also. You are so special to me. I love you more than you could ever imagine. Today as I celebrate your first bithday, I want to make a promise to you. I will always have your best interest in mind, although you may not always like it and I will always love you and be proud of you.
Happy Birthday, little monkey! I hope to have many, many, many more with you!
Love, Mommy
December 23, 2008
December 23, 2009


No comments:
Post a Comment