Saturday, July 25, 2009

Officially a Mom or a Redneck Woman

Last Night! My husband was having some of his college friends over for a cookout. On friday my husband works late. He was going to be home around 7 and the guys were coming a 7:30. So after working a full day myself, I picked up Brady from my MIL and headed home. I get home at about 5:15. When I got home I had a list of things to get done that went something like this...
make brownies
bake spinach dip
wash bottles
finish cleaning kitchen/mess
cut up tomato, onion, and lettuce
swiffer
fold and put away a load of laundry
set out food
Thats not too bad of a list. It won't take that long. No problem.
I sat Brady down to play.
Started working.
Brady didn't want to play. He wanted a bottle.
Fed Brady while putting away laundry.
Brady is full. Sat Brady down to play again.
Started brownies.
Brady still did not want to play. Picked Brady up.
Mixed brownie mix together with a baby on my hip(redneck woman reference).
Accidently melted the butter instead of softening it.
Decided Betty Crocker doesn't have kids or a job outside the home.
Felt better.
Sat Brady down in the floor to poor the batter in.
Listened to him cry.
Picked him back up.
Started on other chores.
Considered placing him in front of a baby Einstein DVD.
Decided against it. He had already watched it once that day.
Judged people who use the T.V as a baby sitter.
Placed him in the activity center.
Got him out of the actvity center.
Checked the brownies.
Turned on the baby einstein.
Finished list without problems.
Decided to quit judging!
This is my life! And I wouldn't have it any other way!

3 comments:

Lawrence Family said...

He just wanted to watch the tube. What's wrong with that?

You are a great mommy!

Jennie said...

I really love this post! : )

Andi Skaggs said...

Love that! Too funny :)