Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sullivan's Island- Part 2

Wednesday, August 18- We spent the entire day shopping/touring Charleston. It was a great oppurtunity to get out of the sun and get some shopping in. We ate lunch at Magnolia's. I had just drank a large frozen coffee so I wasn't very hungry. I had fried green tomatoes that were excellent. I also tried Caleb's beef medallions that were excellent as well. That night we just stayed in and ordered from a local pizza place.

Outside Magnolias


Brady took this picture of me as we were touring Charleston.

Thursday,  August 19- Caleb, Brady, and I got out early and went to the sandbar. We swam in the ocean and pool all morning. Once Brady woke from his nap, we headed back to Charleston to finish up some shopping. We met my parents, Cam, Lauren, and Drew. We all toured the Nathaniel Russell House, visited at the Bed and Breakfast my parents stayed at in December, and went for dinner. We went to a place called Hank's. It was more upscale. I had shrimp and grits and it was good. After dinner, Caleb, Brady, and I stopped at Haagan Daz for ice cream. It was so yummy!!! I ended up with a bad reaction(we are thinking sun poisoning) this day, so I took some benedryl and went to bed.





                                                          
Friday, August 20- Caleb and some of the others went to Folley Beach for some bigger waves this morning. I opted to stay near the pool and house due to my horrible reaction. Brady and I had a pretty low-key day.
The beach goers also made a trip to a local restaurant in the afternoon. Caleb had seen this competition on Man vs. Food before we left and just had to try it. So, they swung by there for him to try. He made it through roll 5 before he tapped out! They all tried the sauce for the number 10 roll. Cam ate the number 8 roll and then something about downing 2 glasses of water in 1 minute. I think they all decided it was too hot for them!
Caleb, Brady and I went for hamburgers at Poe's Tavern later that night. It is right there on the island and is super cool. I had a hamburger with a crab cake on it. It was very good!
Brady and Poppy looking for real estate in SC

Brady wanted to get in this baby activity center, so we let him. He stayed in there for like 15-20 minutes.

Saturday, August 21-  We just finished packing up, loaded down the car, and made our way home. Brady slept about 2 1/2- 3 hours so that was a little better than the ride there.

That just about wraps up our 2010 family vacation!

No comments: